Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I need to fall in Love

Every night I head to the bathroom with a good book and a hot bath in hopes it will contribute to sleepy eyes and a relaxed body. I normally read a chapter or two and then sleepily make my way to my bed and am asleep in minutes.

I have read nearly all the Harry Potter Series, and Twilight series this way, and enjoyed every stinking page, and in some cases wasn’t able to be sleepy because I was so excited to read the next chapter. I love Harry Potter & Friends and heck even his enemy’s. I hate to admit that I too fell into the Twilight craze not wanting to put down the books at night.

I miss that.

I feel lost, listless, and lonely without a book in my life that I want to devour. I have found books that fill the gaps, one’s that I’m excited about, and love the characters, but the book has no sequels, and once I’m done with the book, I again feel lost, listless and lonely.

This is such an unusual event for me. I came to Seattle with no desire to pick up a book for fun; reading had always been a chore from school, and I barley read what I had to for homework, let alone anything for pleasure. I have learned to love to read, on the bus, and through living with Eric whom is an avid reader.

I have a fair amount of “self help” books on my shelf that more or less depress me to read, and I have no inclination to pick them up. I’m currently reading “Eat, Pray, Love” and have no yearning to finish the book. I think if I was 30 something looking for a new chapter in my life that book would speak to me more but what I want is a new character; someone who I can identify with, someone who excites me. I want a group of girlfriends (or guy friends) who by reading their life story, makes me feel like a part of their world. I want to read about a young couple falling in love, their story, their world.

I’m not a Sci-Fi fan, nor do I like a good mystery, unless there’s a love story involved. I don’t like Danielle Steel (or at least I don’t think I do), and I have been down the “Ghost Girl” path – three books in!

I asked Eric last night as I was falling asleep if we could go spend some time at the library tonight. I’m determine to find a story I can love again, something that makes me wish my bus ride was just 10 minutes longer, something that I can lose myself in.

I can’t wait to see the King County Library tonight. I’m such a nerd.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)