Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kitty Fever...

I haven't shared much about this, but I'm facing a major case of Kitten Fever right now.

I have been talking myself into, and out of bringing a new kitten into our home for a couple months, or so now.

Mostly, I'm frustrated.

Do you realize that *Most* cat adoption places in my area require no less than a 2 page application, $100 fee and in some cases photos of where this cat will potentially reside. Then, some random volunteer gets to decide if your home is "Adequate" enough for this fluffy bundle of joy.

I'm totally up to filling out applications, doing backflips and showing off my wonderful home all while emptying my wallet on the table, but the part that really gets me is that someone who doesn't know me more than what it says on that sheet of paper gets to make the decision as to weather or not I'm a viable parent for a cat

I haven't killed my pets in the 8 & 6 years I've had them, and I would like to say I've given them a pretty good life, so I get a little irritated when a cat lady judges me in less than 4 sentences in an e-mail  that I would not be a suitable "parent" for a kitten.

I get it, you put the time in fostering them, feeding them, raising them, and you probably DO know better than most, but could you at least give me the courtesy of a face -to- face meeting? *Slap my head*

There are several for sale on Craigslist but that's such a crap shoot, and you're literally picking one out of a picture hoping it has a decent personality. Not to mention, most people want between $30 & $100 for a kitten... unaltered without shots.

So, the answer to "when are you getting a kitten" is "Who the heck knows" I guess when the crazy cat lady Gods bestow one upon me.

Mostly, this whole thing makes me a little sad... I know that it will come with time, and that I need to be patient, in the meantime I'm snuggling my other furry ones... and working on talking Eric into the new fluffy bundle :).

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)