Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ragin cRAVIN"

Remember yesterday how I was wondering if GOD was going to open the clouds and speak to me with what to do for cRAVE (Whispering ) i think he heard me :).
As I sat in the fellowship hall I had a few ideas here and there about what I wanted to put up for grabs for the evening. Pastor Ryan had the message covered so all I had to do was come up with a Drama or a Testamony in oh about an hour and a half.
What I decided to do was set up a "Sacred Space" or an Alter if you will, where people can come and place things in the space they would like to pray about or give up to GOD for an hour.
I gave a little talk about the Space and how we used the Space in my college courses and then added to the space (which allready had a picture of Laughing Jesus from the invocation) an apple because the sermon was about Evil. The Apple to me represents when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of Knowledge.
I then put down my cell phone on the table and said I wanted to offer that to GOD to give him an hour with out my cell phone buzzing in my pocket or the temptation to look at it; to give my attention to him and forget about the world for a second.
I walked back to my seat and a flood of kids from the audience put their cell phones, ipod's, keys, hats, jewlery and things that distracted them from GOD on the Sacred Space.
I was flabbergasted! I didn't even expect anyone to move from their chair let alone put their cell phones and i pod's up there! I had even constructed a "backup plan" for when no one did it, I had one of the other Adult leaders put their cell phone there too; and maybe we could try it again next week and see if it takes.
But, as usual the Youth suprised and amazed me and the Sacred Space is now a Sacred Fixture at Tuesday night cRAVE.
Wow. What a great night!
It was exactly what I needed :o)
♥ Abby

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)