Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Eric!

Wow... Happy Sunday night everyone! It's been quite a busy weekend and I don't feel like I should be facing my alarm clock at 5 tomorrow morning already.
Friday night after work Eric came and picked me up and we went to Federal Way and ran some Errands. It was pretty quiet.

Saturday for me was a story that some epic novels tell - well okay maybe I'm over exaggerating but it was kind of an a typical day for me. My boss Julie had agreed to help me pick out some work clothes at Talbot's outlet store up in Lynnwood so at 9am on Saturday morning I hopped a bus from downtown Seattle to Aurora Village. I was minding my own business when this man came and sat down in front of me and started telling me about how he used to be on broad way but now he was a "Beer Drinkin, train hoppin Hobo" and he was here to make me smile. He proceeded to recite Romeo and Juliet to me, as well as King Arthur and Grease. Then he decided that he was going to break out into song because It was a Beatles kind of day. Did I mention this whole time he was taking sips out of a 40 of Icehouse stuck in side his coat pocket?any ways, he then began singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles and "Hopelessly Devoted" from Grease. He did make me smile, but in a "Is this guy done yet, because it's kind of awkward" sort of way. My stop finally came so it was my time to make a run for it from the "Beer Drinkin, Train Hoppin hobo" and as I got off the bus I tattled to the bus driver that he had been drinking on the bus. Then the Bus driver tried to kick him off the bus and as they were shouting at each other I high tailed it across the parking lot to the nearest Starbucks (Thank you GOD for Starbucks). I then hid out until Julie came to meet me and we went to Talbots! I am very happy to report that we bought $1135.00 worth of Talbots clothes for only $275.00! Now, I always knew how good my boss was at bargain shopper but I am never going work clothes shopping without her ever again! Once we were done shopping I rode the 358 bus sans "Beer Drinkin, Train Hoppin Hobo" back to downtown Seattle where I met up with Eric and we went out for Shiro's Sushi in honor of his birthday! We dined on a beautiful array of food and went home for the night then I baked his cake and fell asleep on the couch as I do every other Saturday night.

Sunday we woke up (not in time for church) and had Birthday Cake for breakfast and then he opened his gift. He got a new game he wanted and Gracie and Aquaman bought him a Joker card from The Dark Knight. I presented him with about 20 things we could do today but he wanted to have a quiet day around home, and later we went for a drive. It was a great day and now I'm up loading pictures and just enjoying a quiet house. I hope that you all had a great weekend as well. Happy Monday (tomorrow) to you!

Mmmmm cake for Breakfast!

The Birthday Boy... the big 32!


Gracie LOVES tissue paper so crawls in and under it any chance she gets... and Aquaman wasn't too fond of the bow... but I thought it was cute he tried to take it off with his paws!

1 comment:

Amanda Hug N Kiss said...

I gotta say I love the one of Gracie under the tissue. It couldn't be better. Just tissue with a tail sticking out!

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)