Thursday, January 22, 2009

No News Thursday...

Nothing much to share but wanted to tell you about the progress on my New Year's Goals...


Gracie Vs: Abby-
You all probably thought I was crazy when I announced that for one of my New Year’s resolutions that I was going to “tame” my Rottweiler cat into being nice to me. I just wanted to report that I think this morning we had a breakthrough in that process. I woke up and stumbled to the bathroom and was getting into the shower when I hear a “Meow” and I look back and Gracie is sitting in the doorway and I said “Hey Kitty” and she jumped up on to the toilet and meowed again. She continued to “talk” or Meow at me the entire time I was in the shower, and occasionally I’d say something back but she was more or less visiting with me. I know you’re probably thinking I’m some sort of an insane cat lady but I assure you that’s not what’s going on here, I simply want my cat that I have to be nicer to me. After I got dressed and walked out into the living room to get things ready to go, she kept meowing so I sat on the floor and pet her for a good 10 minutes and she was purring audibly and that’s nothing short of miraculous. I then got up to walk into the room to say goodbye to Eric and she pat the back of my legs with her paws as if she wasn’t done with me petting her. Aaah It feels so good to be loved!

Aquaman Vs: The Dreaded Kennel-
I think that I can safely say that we’ve had no advances in getting him used to being in it. He shakes like a leaf whenever we pick him up with our shoes on. On Tuesday Eric took our car in to get fixed so we blocked off the hallway with 5 foot tall blockades so he would have more room than his kennel and he got out and used the entire house as his kennel, so I guess we’re back to the drawing board with that one.

Other than our pets there’s really not much to report, I know it’s kind of sad that you tune in here to my blog to hear about the daily happenings of Gracie and Aquaman but I appreciate it! I am looking forward to the weekend; 4 day weeks always seem longer than the 5 day ones for whatever reason. On Saturday my Boss and I are going shopping for clothes for me, I’ve got money to spend on work clothes and she has the style that I lack. Sunday is Eric’s birthday which means Saturday when I get home from shopping I’ve got baking and decorating of a cake to do. I don’t really have an idea for a cake yet, but I think last year’s cake is going to be hard to top! I don’t know if we’re doing anything ‘Super special’ Eric has said he just kind of wants to have a relaxing day at home, but I might have to dream up something fun just for him… have any ideas? Let me know!! (NOW!)

I hope all is well in la la land (or wherever you are).
♥abby

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)