Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just a Dork at Heart

A couple years ago I consented to go to my first Comic book Convention with Eric, John & Julia. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into but I was a supportive fiancé. I had never really read any comics myself or knew much about that “world” but I was happy to go with and learn. After a full day of walking around the convention and observing the new world that was Comi-con I was entranced.

I was indifferent to miss it last year, but this year I’m ready to go and perhaps even more excited to go than Eric is.

I have spent time thinking about my wardrobe (no costume I promise), my bag that I want to carry, which comics I want to buy and which ones I want to bring from home to have signed by the writers and artists.

For those of you who have never experienced a Comic-Con let me give you a little insight to a big world. The type of people (in large) who attend the Comi-con are some of the coolest people you’ll ever meet. There’s a whole lot of nerd going on and most of them are more than happy to talk with you about their love in the comic world whatever that may be. You will see anything from Star Wars fanatics (I’ve never seen Star Wars – I know hold your gasps) to superhero experts. Some of the biggest name authors, artists and TV / movie stars are there to greet the loving and amazing fans. Last time I went (07) I saw the man who played the original Chewbacca (not that it meant much to me – he was crazy tall and resembled Howard Stern) and met the original Lois Lane – Margot Kidder (my brother should be jealous).


I walked out of the (07) Comi-Con with a new Graphic Novel and a new appreciation for comic book collectors everywhere.

I guess I am just a dork at heart!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)