Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lazy Saturdays

What a day... We started out by bumming around the house. I really didn't want to go anywhere, and was kind of having a "I want to eat worms" kind of day. Eric finally convinced me to go out for a little while, and I'm really glad he did.
We started out at the Starbucks down the street - we drove down to Salt Water State park, and then down Redondo boardwalk and then ended up on 320th in Federal Way somehow. We then hit the freeway and ended up back at the Kent/Des Moines freeway and Eric suggested that we take Aquaman to the Dog Park. So we ended up letting him run free at Grandview Dog Park and he got played with a little rough by a few dogs, so we decided it was time for us to go.
The park was beautiful though, a great view of Kent valley and Mt. Rainier.At the dog park we could smell the ripened black berry's. We couldn't reach them because they were beyond the fence line; I suggested that we stop at the blackberry bush before we head upstairs that's just in the back alley beside our house.
Look at our loot!
We picked berries for about 45 minutes and we crafted a berry basket out of one of Aquamans unused poop bags.
Since I was having a frumptastic day, Eric took some pictures of me to make me feel a little better about myself. I'm pretty happy with them so I thought I'd share a few here.

Have I mentioned how amazing this guy is? He always knows how to turn my frown upsidedown.
I'm actually really sad we decided not to drive up to Ivan & Dawns today. I Just wasn't feeling myself, and I didn't want to inflict that on our friends.
We picked the berries and the thorns picked us back... They hurt!

But in the end it was a beautiful, sunny day and I should have never let my frown get turned upside down in the first place.
I had a great day with my boys, and I hope you had a lovely Saturday Too!
All of our Love,
Abby, Eric & Aquaman
Gracie sends her best :)









No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)