Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peaceful Memories of Kerry...

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about him, think about what happened, or think about how it changed us all.
There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss him, don’t pray for his family or wish things were different.

I am completely amazed that it’s been 4 years. That night is still so vivid in my memory; his smile is still so vivid in my memory.
I have relived that night over and over again in my head. Still, nothing makes sense and it hurts just as much hearing it the first time as it does thinking about it again.

The fact is we can’t change what happened that night, so we live; move on, with a void in our hearts. A void only Kerry could fill. We know that he will meet us again in heaven, smiling that Kerry smile that we all have etched in our memories.

We remember you this week because this week 4 years ago our lives changed forever, but we remember you every day because we love you, miss you and will never let you go.

We pray every day for Peaceful Memories of you, and smile because you helped make us who we are.

We wish we had one more day …

One more day
By Diamond Rio
Last night I had a crazy dream A wish was granted just for meIt could be for anything I didn’t ask for money Or a mansion in Malibu I simply wished, for one more day with you

One more day One more time One more sunset, maybe Id be satisfied But then againI know what it would do Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you.


First thing I’d do, is pray for time to crawl Then Id unplug the telephone And keep the TV offI’d hold you every second Say a million I love yous That’s what I’d do, with one more day with you.


One more day One more time One more sunset, maybe Id be satisfied But then again I know what it would do Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you


Leave me wishing still, for one more day Leave me wishing still, for one more day.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)