Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ronnebeck Recap 2009

Wow! What a crazy year it’s been for the Ronnebeck household!
I have been racking my brain to remember all that we’ve done this year so I can post a Ronnebeck Recap, we’re nearing the end of the year, and I still haven’t found the perfect words, so I’ll just go with it; I figured Random musings would probably be more fitting for me any ways.

♥ Our vacation this year was in Seattle, I took a week off from work and we spent the week exploring our city! It was so much fun to be able to be a tourist. We went to the Market, the EMP, the Aquarium & other fun destinations in Seattle. At the EMP I got to meet my lifetime hero’s … at the wonderful world of Jim Henson. When I walked in the door Kermit the frog was sitting on a log under a glass case, it was all I could do to keep the tears from running, it sounds weird, but I remember watching them growing up and it was truly like meeting a long lost friend and a celebrity all at the same time. Rowlf, Bert & Earnie were all part of the exhibit too, my only regret is that I didn’t figure out some way to take pictures in the “NO PICTURES ALLOWED” Exhibit! I would have loved to.

♥ Aquaman turned 1 & Gracie turned 3 this year. It’s weird to think that we’ve had them for so long already. They keep us on our toes daily and I think our house would be much quieter without them!

♥ In September we traveled to Nebraska for My best friend Heidi’s wedding. We were able to spend some time in South Dakota with my family as well. It was quite a whirlwind weekend, but it was great to spend time with friends and family!

♥ June brought a new way of looking at life for us, my Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and we all jumped into fight the battle beside her (http://www.dianneshope.blogspot.com/) .

♥ This spring Eric’s Mom and Cousin Jackie moved their nest to Big Sandy Tennessee. I’m super excited to go visit them this spring! They’re both doing very well.

♥ We continue to help out with the youth group when we can, our schedules become more and more hectic and time becomes more and more crunched every year, but we love the time we spend with our youth! We did cRAVE every Tuesday of the school year and wish Tim a farewell mid December as he goes off to become a pastor.

♥ This is weird to post, but I made a new friend this year! I sound like a total loser when you put it that way, but Mariya’s become one of my very closest friends, and we’re looking forward to taking on Vegas together in April! Watch out Nevada!

♥ Eric’s been keeping me sane, the house in order and helps out here and there. He remains not employed (unemployed by choice) and we couldn’t be happier.

♥ KMS had a great year and I love that my future is solid there. In February I fulfilled a new position, leaving the front desk duties, and have a real “honest to goodness, desk job” and love it. I always played “secretary” when I was little, I guess I just love the office setting. I am moving desks this month and will have a corner desk with a view of Lake Union, Mt. Baker and Queen Anne hill. KMS has blessed our family in many ways.

♥ In late June early July Eric took off for his mission trip to Mexico with the kids. They worked with CFCI this year which is different than what they’ve done in the past and Eric said that it was possibly his best Mexico mission trip experience yet. This is his 4th year and I think he’s signed on for one more year down and back. I can’t even begin to express how proud I am of his mission work. I can’t imagine riding a yellow school bus to and from Mexico sans showers for 2 weeks, I am way way too big of a wuss for that.

♥ My friend & co-worker Tacy and I volunteered at Purrfect pals for a couple Saturday’s this year. We went in, sat down and pet cats for a couple hours. All they need is love. Purrfect pals is a Washington organization that is basically a ‘No kill’ shelter providing a home for hundreds of loveable and some not so loveable cats around the state.

♥ With the help of my coworker Alex, Eric introduced me to fringe theater this year! We took in a play on Capital Hill this fall and loved every minute of it. The Satori Group does great work!

♥ In July John & Kerri, Katherine, Eric and I walked in the Federal Way Relay for life. It was such an amazing experience. We spent about 10 hours on the track and raised over $400 as a team! Can’t wait to do it again in 2010!

♥ It appears that Eric Much rather I Be in the pictures this year instead of him… it was hard to locate them.


Eric & Me at the EMP - Checking out the muppet exhibit.

The ways in which we torture our Dog.


Relay for life 2009 Sunset...


Kerri & I Walking in Relay 2009


Gracie really does have a tough life.


Picking out our prize pumpkin!


The 2nd day of baseball, first for us!


Our vacation we found ourselves at the Zoo


Our "Battle" tee's to support Mom.


Out pickin Blackberries :)


Eric's first day home from Mexico


What Aquaman & I did while Eric was in Mexico


Aquaman enjoying the 4th!


Happy New Year - at the Petersons.


Halloween Goodness :0)


Lazy F Group :)


The Three Amigos at Heidi's wedding!

Shannon and I riding Spanky (long family story)


Picking on our Big Brother... Yes it takes both of us.


Gettin in a good one.


Me and Mom at Tony & Julie's New Farm.


My little girl is all grown up :)

Mom Shaving Tony's head... before he shaved hers...


My little guys... Playing Cowboy's and Indians...

I’m sure I could go on and on, but if you really want a full recount of our life over the past year, you could just look through this blog’s archives… Ewwh. This is my first full year of blogging and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’m going to keep it up hoping that when I’m old and decrepit I will look back on these memories fondly. So here we are … off to a great start for 2010!!!Happy New Year everyone!Love, Abby, Eric, Aquaman & Gracie.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)