Monday, December 28, 2009

Sent with Love

This was by far the gift I expected the least, and the one that touched me the most, and brought me to tears. Mom had been telling me that Grandma sent a gift to me in the mail. It hadn't gotten here yet, and she was really worried about it, and I didn't think much of it thinking it will eventually come, or if it got lost we can replace it. It wasn't until I opened the box I realized how irreplaceable each and every item in the box was. It was more than ornaments from my Grandma for Christmas, It was the ornaments that I remember hanging on her tree as a child, it's our version of heirlooms.
Growing up my siblings always had more ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree than I did; they were amongst the first of the grandchildren, and they had been in school and Sunday school making ornaments like crazy. To help ease my sadness Grandma started me my own collection of ornaments to hang on her tree, every time I would stay with her around Christmas time she would buy me a tube of M&M's and on top was a M&M guy ornament. Grandma kept these and hung them on the tree for me every year, they were my special ornaments that no one else had. This year, Grandma sent them to me. She wanted me to have them to put on my Christmas tree with my family.
I love every single one of them more and more every time I look at them.... . In addition to my M&M guys Nani also sent all of us grand kids the ornaments that she had made for us as we were born with our names (and some cases birth year) on them. Here's my Gingerbread house, I remember standing in front of the tree with Angie and Amanda trying to find my ornament before they could; it was always a contest with us three.. ALWAYS.
Thank you Grandma Nani for the most sentimental gift I have ever received. I will treasure them all, always and forever!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)