Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finding the Perfect Mix.

Yesterday I was looking for some rainclouds because I was feeling like staying indoors and organizing things… today I feel like some sunshine because I want to go outside, walk the dog, and take some pictures (which I haven’t done in a while). But God laughed, and gave me the opposite. Eric and I sat inside yesterday on a sunny (ish) day and organized. Oh how good it feels to be organized – to have a fresh look!
I realized last night how much scrapbooking paper I Actually have… and it’s so disorganized that I sit down to work and huff because “I have no supplies” when in reality I just can’t find what I want easily so I settle for whatever I can find. So, I sat at my scrapbooking [hole] desk and separated my 4x6 paper into prints, Solids… squares… circles… plaids… floral… Holiday (in descending order starting with New years)… etc… (yes, I am that anal retentive) Then the 8x8… then the 12x12 I have a LOT of paper. Now to get pictures printed…that’s a different post altogether.
Eric worked on getting his things in order and he went through a “junk bin” that’s been sitting up top of Aquaman’s kennel since forever and we tossed trash… lots of trash.
I’m having a hard time deciding what to prioritize recently. I want to work on so many things all at the same time. I have awesome things to be trying to prioritize, and I’m looking forward to finding the balance – which may be one of my “something new” goals. I have never balanced a TON of things.
I want to be fully vested in everything I do; however, I need to find space in my brain to be partially vested in everything and fully vested when I’m actually working on it; that’s where the balance problems come into play.
So here we are… on the brink of Relay season, I just became an elected member of the Call Committee for our new pastor at GLC, I am (always) a youth advisor, and I want my brain to forever be thinking about vacation; to Vegas with Mariya or vacation somewhere – anywhere with Eric. Oh and then there’s the ‘hobbies’… I want time for scrapbooking, time with Eric, and time to play with my photography. I want this perfect blend of everything - a girl can dream....
Happy Wednesday :)

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)