Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Woe's of Technology.

When I got my permit at age 14 I also received my very first cell phone in a bag. It was to be carried into school and put in my locker so it was safe while I went to school. God knows everyone in the world wanted to steal my bag phone; and everyone targeted my 1989 Suburban… that’s for another post.

Any ways, for as long as I can remember I’ve had a cell phone; and, for as long as I can remember my cell phones have broken over and over again. I know I’m pretty hard on my phones, but seriously … can’t one company come up with a cell phone that isn’t completely ugly that can hold up to the beatings I administer?When the bag phones finally went out of style, I got a hand me down of one of these bad boys. Yep, I was the first kid on the block with a flip phone.
Isn’t it beautiful?
I went through about 8 cell phones between the ages of 14 and 22 (ish) when Mom finally told me that I would have to start paying for my own when I broke them. (What took her so long? If I were her, I’d have cracked down on that much earlier). So I saved up my money and got a Nokia flip phone with the very first blue tooth capabilities and I bought a jawbone (blue tooth) with it. Boy did that set me back! Then, A couple months after I purchased that cell phone I moved to Seattle where my cell would not flip over to any service out here, and I sent that phone to my Mom which lasted her three glorious years (Makes me sick – wouldn’t have lasted 2 in mine).

I purchased a LG – this is where my love affair with LG started… It worked so well, I actually kept it 2 whole years, when the buttons started to wear out! I then bought this… Motorola PINK Cell phone… (STUPID STUPID STUPID)First, what was I thinking? Really? Pink? Second… It lasted 9 months before the buttons didn’t work any longer. It was the phone I first received a text message on.
It was the phone I talked to Eric on the day of our wedding… *Swoon.
Then, It broke… and I bought another LG… how wonderful was life again?
The LG EnV – Color? Orange.
Then two glorious years later… The LG Voyager.

The Voyager – my first touch screen (maybe my last)…and it has set sail (Pun Intended) for the Cell phone grave yard.

So, Angered I stomped my feet and went to Verizon Wireless.COM and compared all the phones that I was interested in… and between LG and Nokia those are the only two phones that have stood up to my brute strength I chose the Nokia Twist… It’s a fun looking little phone, we’ll have to see how it measures up!

Oh yeah and did I mention IT WAS FREE!!!!! I ♥ Verizon!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)