Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Relay for Life 2010: "The Beginning"

I have spent some time thinking about how I plan to post all the photos and stories from Relay and from the past couple days of having Mom and my aunts here with me. My heart is so filled, it's going to start spilling out in pieces. So here's part one of many Relay for Life Posts.
When I formed our team and quickly added 13 members I was excited for the day to come. As June 12th approached I felt more and more excited to see it all come together. The first picture is Mom in front of our campsite. I was very proud of how it turned out!
She of course tried to run away when I pointed the camera at the tent site, but I think her standing in front of it makes the picture!

We packed it all in like mules and knew that packing up would be hard work. Mindy stopped by early and dropped off two 6 foot tables and a white canopy. We used the canopy as a "home base" for our luminaria decorating, and eating needs, and set up our bake sale! Set up went very well, and we ended up with the canopy and three tents on our "property" and still had some space for our chairs to be out in the sun! Our campsite was a lot larger than I anticipated.
After we got all set up it was time for the opening ceremony and more greatly anticipated the Survivor walk. It was Mom's goal a year ago (on June 11th) to walk in this survivor lap with me. Tears were shed... but we were all so proud of her, and so glad to be able to see her walk in the survivor lap! She looks good in purple!

After her first (of 5) mile I pulled her aside and had her show off her Survivor metal to me for a few pictures! I'm still so in love with her hair!

She looks darn good!
Throughout the day many people stopped by to walk with us. Julie (my boss) stopped in and walked one lap with my Husband & Megan, but most importantly just stopped by to support me.
Mary Jane & Jerry and Tim & Katherine walked a couple miles or so.

Mom made sure to get some relaxin in as it was her vacation!

And Tim and Katherine came out to support Tim's Mom... Team Judy! Judy was diagnosed with breast cancer two summers ago.

It was so great to have some support! Kerri and Becky were also there, but I seemed to manage to not get a picture of them face on. I will have to dig a little deeper!

Relay cannot be done without the support of friends and family. It was so awesome to have friends, family and friends that are just like family there walking beside me. The day was filled with love and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. It was perfect, aside from my wicked sunburn of course!

Stay tuned for part two

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)