Friday, June 18, 2010

Sad Day

I was not in any way ready for my Mom to leave!

Monday we spent our time driving up North to Lake Stevens / Lake Cassidy area to visit Mike and Mary Steenberg (Mom, Brenda & Kathy's 1st cousin). We hung out for lunch and got a little tour around their beautiful home. It was so great to see Mike, Mary and their dog Moose who has aged a bit since the last time I saw him! It looks like they're doing great and we had a really nice visit! Mike and Mary took good care of me while I was out here interning, and it's always nice to reconnect.

When we returned from Mike and Mary's we drove down to Tacoma and spent some time with Mom, Brenda and Kathy's other 1st cousin Dwight, his wife Tina, his daughter Samantha and her daughter Abigail! It was so fun to see them, it had been quite awhile! We were greeted with open arms and got to see Dwight's amazing Pepsi collection!

After Dwight's we came back to Des Moines and had some fish, chips and beer at Wally's chowder house. On our walk out to the parking lot after we ate I broke down and started crying, I realized that our night coming to a close meant I had to say goodbye to my Mom. I almost start tearing up now typing about it!

We went back to our house and Mom got a chance to say goodbye to Aquaman and then they went back to the hotel and I stood out on the balcony and waved tearfully. I then went inside and cried for quite sometime, I don't think that you ever outgrow your mommy!

I received a phone call at 6am the next morning and it was Mom, their flight had been cancelled and they needed a place to hang out at till 1:40 when their next flight was. So I went and picked her and Kathy up at the airport, Brenda had caught a flight via San Francisco home. We had a short breakfast at Ihop and then came home and napped on our couch. Around 12 noon Eric and I took them back to the airport and more tears were shed.

We spent the day catching up on some sleep, relaxing and being miserably stiff and sore from Relay.

It was such a great visit! I love my Mom so much, and it was such a blessing to be able to spend so much time with her, and my aunts.

She can come back now though... I would appreciate that!

I think I'm all caught up on blogging now... I think I'll take the weekend off ... maybe!

Love, Abby

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)