Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slice of Life: The One year ago edition...

I try really hard to be a positive person. Even more so, I try really hard to keep this blog positive, because really, who wants to come here every day to listen to a negative Nelly (or Debby Downer if you’d rather)?

I think I haven’t been posting as much because I’ve had kind of a negative attitude lately. I’ll snap out of it, I promise… eventually.

This morning got off to a rough start… there was some puke involved, not mine, but still… rough for a Tuesday morning!

I am going to do a “Slice of Life” today to keep my mind thinking positively… Hopefully that will help!

Outside my Window: a foggy Seattle… when did the fog roll in? Oh well – I’m glad to have a day without disgusting hot weather! The heat doesn’t get me too bad till I get on the bus to ride home… 80 degree temperatures + Vinyl seats on the bus = Discomfort.
I'm Thinking: that my feathered headband was a good choice this morning, it makes me feel cute.
I'm Thankful: That my husband let me watch TLC last night… sometimes a girl just needs a little TLC!
From the Kitchen: A frozen meal that I’m not too psyched about – classic meatloaf, potatos & corn… oh and a berry cobbler that I can’t eat… urgh, berries!
I am Wearing: My black, teal and camel colored skirt with a cute floral design on it, matching teal shirt, my brown jewelry from Heidi’s wedding (to bring together that camel color in the skirt… obviously), and my Feathered headband… I look pretty awesome today if I do say so myself, well in comparison to yesterday…
I am going: crazy… 123456 switch… crazy going slowly am I 654321 switch. No where really… home after work I guess, Oh and then to the Call Committee meeting.
I am hearing: “Under pressure” by Queen… how awesome is that?
I am wondering: how my Halloween blog is going to shape up, and if I have enough Halloween gusto to keep it going for one month, or two… decisions, decisions.
I LOVE: that my husband makes me smile every day…even when I don’t want to smile.
A few plans for the weekend: There’s this thing called a Bridal Shower for Laurel, Church, and I’m not sure much else.

And a photo for the thoughts I am sharing...


I looked back at my 365 blog and saw what I posted on July 28th 2009… A year ago today…. I got this bridesmaid dress in the mail… which is now hanging in my closet stinky from it’s last venture in the world. Weird to think Heidi’s been married almost an entire year (In September)!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)