Friday, July 9, 2010

Something New : Just Breathe

Something New :

I ventured on my “Something New” to break myself of old habits. Part of trying new things is going out and exploring but the other part of something new is just enjoying the day to day things in a new approach.


I watched THE DECISION with Lebron James with genuine interest last night... what did Lebron do to me that I actually cared what team he picked? Whatever it was ... He picked the HEAT... Go Heat! They're going to be unstoppable this year (not that I really care) and my heart goes out to the Cav's fans... kind of feels like losing a team doesn't it? Ahem... Sonics... rest in peace


Last night Eric and I met our friends Nate, Amanda, Peter & Rachel at a bar in Federal Way for some trivia by the “Big Test-Eaze” (yes, I know that’s gross). We ordered food while we played and when I got my plate I opened my sandwich and started to pick off my toppings like normal when Eric looked at me and said “Just try it… something new” so I closed my sandwich back up and took a bite, tomatoes, and onions included. I ate the entire sandwich… tomatoes and onions Included! Baby steps … baby steps.


I’ve also found a new side interest – Roller Derby. Don’t worry Mom I’m not joining a team, I’m not even practicing, but I have been reading up on it, and watching documentary’s. Next on the list? Whip it! It’s the new movie with Drew Berrymore, It’s sitting in my mailbox at home just waiting for me to watch it. I am really enjoying learning about a new sport.


“Just Breathe”. It’s my new attitude, my new way to get through situations that stress me out. I just take a moment, and breathe. I take a few calming breaths and then tackle whatever it is that’s been stressing me out. I even printed out a little “Just Breathe” Sign and posted it in a few places that I often need the words of promise.


Lastly… You’ve noticed a change here, the top of the blog no longer reads “Seattleites”. I don’t’ know what inspired this change, but I kind of realized that we technically don’t LIVE in Seattle, we LIVE in Des Moines, but “Des Moineites” just didn’t have the same ring to it. While I still feel like a Seattleite because I work 40 hours a week in the middle of the bustling city… the blog as a whole needed to be “Freshened up” so I give you… “R is for Ronnebeck” in the style of Sesame Street’s beloved Cookie Monster “C is for cookie… that’s good enough for me… C is for cookie, that’s good enough for me; C is for cookie, that’s good enough for meeee…. OOOH Cookie Cookie Cookie starts with C.” As we do have a cookie monster cookie jar sitting on our counter top in our kitchen!


Just a few things… Oh yeah and I should think about taking down my 4th of July decorations this weekend… Nothing new about that though!
Thanks for Reading

-a



We obviously need to take more pictures together...

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)