Sunday, July 25, 2010

Something New : Picnic Time

Weekends traditionally go by pretty quickly around these parts. Friday night we went out to dinner with our friends Ivan and Dawn. We were raving about "Full Tilt" with them and so we decided to have IceCream first and then find dinner if we were still hungry - that's right, we're adults we can eat dessert first! Eric and I both had full cones of Salted Caramel and Ivan and Dawn were pretty impressed. I can't imagine anyone NOT being impressed by Full Tilt.
After Ice cream we had full intentions of going to get some snackers from KFC or something like that for dinner. We made our way back to our car when we passed Proletariat Pizzaria. We had heard rave reviews of this place from the same people we heard about Full Tilt - Jay and Sonia. So we decided to share a pie!
You should check out Proletariat Pizza sometime... they're good people with a great idea for their community - and their pizza rocks my socks! Not to mention they're really passionate about their pizza - check out the lady in the picture above - the owner I think .. She's really into explaining her pizza to Ivan and Eric - this picture makes me giggle.
Ivan and Dawn left full and tired, I went to bed as soon as they left.
On Saturday we slept in and then went for a walk. After our walk I decided that I wanted to go for a picnic. Eric humors me because just about every time I say "Let's picnic" we end up eating out of our picnic basket on our back porch because I get lazy or discouraged by the amount of people parks attract.
But after a quick run to the store for some lunch meat (buy one get one free!!!) and some chips, we were on our way to Marvista on an 85 degree day for a perfect picnic. When we pulled up to the Marvista parking lot it was packed, there were people crawling around the park every where, and it shattered my dreams of us camping out in a shady quiet location to enjoy our food, and I made Eric drive around the block while we thought about where we could go for a quieter picnic. Eric finally talked me into giving Marvista a go using the rationale that almost anywhere in our area on an 85 degree day is going to be busy, he found us a quiet little spot up on a hill in the shade; it was perfect.
He even humored me (as always) by taking pictures! I love capturing the simple moments in life with photos, I love him; thanks Husband.
Aquaman was having quite the time with people walking any where near us, he would bark; so I just gave him a lot of love and a lot of "oop, there's a person...don't look... look at me... look, I'm giving you kisses" Yep, I'm one of "those" dog parents... but I love him.
It was a perfect day for a picnic, I'm so glad I didn't let the moment pass me by.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)