Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be Still : Treasures

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:19-21

I think GOD is trying to smack me in the forehead. I have had this "Christ Note" delivered to me via e-mail for the past week. Same verse, every day, for a week. Either the system at "Christ Notes" is broken or GOD knows I am a compulsive shopper. Okay, so maybe "Compulsive" is a little strong, but I love to shop, I love to buy new things, it makes me happy, giddy even!

We've been reigning in our budget recently so we can have some fun moneys on our "Workcation" (I made up that word) to Washington DC. Eric's really good at saving; in fact I think he'd be perfectly pleased if every red cent of our pay went straight to the savings account for "Later". I on the other hand, get my paycheck in my hand and think... "I've been working hard, I deserve a treat!" It takes some time for me to mull over in my mind what I think that "Treat" should be and have it nice and justified to present to my husband, and by the time I get home, Eric's already got our bills paid and our funds in a savings account.

THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS MAN, without Eric I'd have a lot of "Treat" and probably no roof over my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm not uncontrollable, and I'm pretty responsible, but I'm also totally willing to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for weeks to get a new pair of shoes, which is just not healthy for anyone.

So, GOD has opened up his clouds once again and says "HEY ABBY! I've blessed you in many ways; you have a home, a working vehicle, food in your pantry and clothes on your back, not to mention that comfy bed to sleep in and the pets to play with. How about you quit with the 'I want, I want, I want' and be happy with what I've given you." and then I look skyward and say "But GOD have you seen the colors and styles they've got for the fall? I look great in teal and purple, Oh and the Owl jewelry, Lord ... did you hear me... OWL JEWELRY!" And this is where GOD has my permission to smack me. But he politely sends me an e-mail (Via Christ notes) and reminds me... My treasures are in heaven.

I need to quit wanting, and start living... He's right, I'm wrong... as always.

Sorry God... I'm trying my Best!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)