Sunday, August 1, 2010

Being Still

I've had this book about God's timing on my shelf for quite some time. It came with a devotional journal and I was super excited when I bought it, 6 years ago (or so). I got it at "Seeds of Faith" when I lived at home with Mom and was a regular in that store and I think I bought it more just because of the journal; because oddly I buy a lot of journals and never write in them.

Any ways, before I get too off track... It's a book called "Your late again, Lord! The Impatient Woman's Guide to God's Timing". The Author Karon Phillips Goodman talks about trying to control you life, and then having to wait while God's plans catch up with you. It's a kitchy little book and you find not only references to scripture, but the author having conversations with God in ways I find myself having conversations with God. "Okay, God, if you get me out of this tight spot, I promise I'll go to church on Sunday, Love Abby"

Something lept off the page at me the other day and I've wanted to share it on here, though as you can tell my blog-shuei has been off, because I haven't been blogging much either.

This is God Speaking...
" You need me. You need to feel me beside you and know that it's enough for wahtever lies ahead, instead of trying to harness me into your schedule. You need to let me renew your spirit first, slow down and let me help you."

Yep. Thanks God. That's exactly what I need.

I've been trying to wrangle myself into having some biblestudy/prayer time on the bus in the morning as opposed to sleeping - which is a struggle, let me tell you. I am tired of "barganing" with God. I need to "Be Still, and Know that he is GOD". It's the hardest challenge in the universe. On our way home from church this morning Eric even said how hard it is for him too... I am so glad I'm not alone thinking how difficult this is.

So here I am Lord... being still... and Knowing YOU ARE GOD.
Amen.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)