Saturday, September 25, 2010

The OTHER Washington!

A couple months ago my boss Julie asked me if I wanted to go for training at FINRA in Washington DC. First of all, how could I say no to more training for a job I all ready love, secondly, Washington DC? Really? Wow! The answer was a resounding YES!
Julie picked out a funky hotel for us to stay at in a really funky area of DC. It was beautiful. We got checked into our room and I immediately started taking pictures of all the decorations! I loved the fish eye mirror above, I think I need one for our house!
After getting settled into our place, we walked around the block to the Church Key for dinner! Eric had done a ton of research about the restaurants of DC so we were excited to taste the local places! The Church Key did not disappoint! I was feeling brave, so Eric and I shared a couple things on the menu that sounded tasty, and I tried a few things that didn't sound so tasty at all, but I really enjoyed them. We ordered a Brat Burger, Poutine (which is sausage gravy and cheese on fries *YUM). Eric ordered Charcuterie which included Pigs Head Terrine, Lonza, Wild Boar Salami, Duck Liver Mousse, and Calabraine. I tasted them all, which is what I think makes me brave! It was definitely something new for me. If you want to check out the Church Key's Menu click HERE.
We were stuffed, so we headed back to the hotel for some rest after a long day of travel.
We felt like super stars with our bellies full of delicious food, a beautiful hotel and comfortable beds that were waiting for us!
I mean seriously, the hotel had Alligator skinned, padded elevators!!!
These were the room signs.
And this was the bedding!
I will spare you the stories of the financial issues that we encountered with the hotel, as I strive to make this blog as positive as possible, if you want to hear the ugly about it, let me know!
We tucked ourselves in and fell asleep quickly, awaiting the amazing day of touring that we were about to embark on in the morning!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)