Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday Musings

There just might be an entire explosion of Halloween decorations in my house this morning, and it’s quite possible that I’m wearing Halloween socks & a Halloween hair tie to work today. Eric texted me and told me It looks like Halloween “THREW UP” in our living room… that’s the way I like it! It’s also possible that I’m devastated at the events that occurred with a cracked Halloween coffee mug; and that I thought today was the 30th last night when I was decorating.

All things aside, I’m ready for Halloween!

I pulled out my pea coat this morning to wear to work and on my walk down the block I realized how chilly it was outside! When did fall get here? I need to investigate a wool scarf and a new coffee mug, I have a feeling I’ll be drinking coffee more frequently in the coming days, and months, to wake me up and warm my bones.

There’s so much going through the brain of Abby recently, and blogging has not been easy. I thought of “taking a sabbatical” from blogging, but then I realized how therapeutic this can be, and how I love to look back at what we did and what life was like months from now. I use my blog as a journal (for the most part) and it’s served me well.

A few snippets of life right now, even though I JUST posted a “Slice of life”.

-I love my dog. Really I do, I know it’s sick, but last night when I went downstairs to get the Halloween decorations he came with me. I dug through a couple boxes to make sure I was bringing up the right ones and I found his Vampire-dog cape and swiftly put it on him, and he pranced around and made me giggle a lot! Then he would shake and the cape would make its way to hang off him like a bib, and that made me giggle even more. I’m so glad he’s there to put a smile on my face, and to humor me by letting me dress him up in Halloween gear!

-Kelly from the American Cancer Society who heads up Relay for life for Highline has requested a coffee meeting to get me more involved with Relay. I’m very excited! I can’t wait to see where I get plugged in for Relay 2011!

-Yes, I’ll still have a team for Relay 2011 – might not be as elaborate as last year, but we’ll have a spot, and some walking fiends!

-I am really ready for girl time with Mariya on Saturday – it’s been way, WAY too long.

-Have I mentioned? I am very bummed that my Halloween coffee mug busted this morning, probably more bummed than I should be for a mug I bought at the $1 store.

-Mindy’s back from Chicago and brought me a fun sheet of paper that says my name in Hieroglyphics, it made me smile! (Hi Mindy!)

-The sun finally broke through the clouds, and despite my coffee mug breaking, looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day!

Thanks for letting me ramble.
I appreciate it!♥abby

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)