Friday, October 1, 2010

Daisies & Chocolate Milk

I try to not to be too mushy, but from time to time, my husband just earns that extra mush factor that I try desperately to beat down. Only because I don’t want to be one of “those” bloggers that constantly talk about how amazing their husband is, and how perfect their life is together. Our life is far from perfect, let’s get that out of the way right now, but it’s perfect for us, we’re a complete mess some days, but we’re completely in love and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Yesterday I had a rough day. There were a few things going in circles at work that weren’t panning out the way we’d all envisioned and on top of it I had an allergic reaction (or so I thought it was allergenic) and my scalp felt like it was on fire; it was (and still is) painful.

Let’s rewind. I have a major issue with allergies. I have to stay away from berries, hand soaps, shell fish and other fun things that will inevitably cause a breakout. I am only able to use a certain type / brand of shampoo till close to the end of the bottle, my scalp breaks out, and the shampoo is dead to me for a couple months, so I rotate different shampoos every time I go shopping. I’ve tried nearly every shampoo on the shelf, from super cheap, to super expensive, from hypo allergenic, to baby shampoo, nothing works for more than about a bottle; and often the result is dandruff or a breakout on my head.

After talking with a nurse at a Dermatologists office, she asked me “Have you been experiencing stress in your life recently?” my answer was … well YES; and I know now, that my “break out” had nothing (likely) to do with my shampoo and pretty much everything to do with stress and anxiety. Because, when my scalp itches, I scratch it, and when I’m thinking about something I nervously pick at my hair – thanks anxiety, you’re awesome.

Since I’m an emotional wreck most of the time, I called Eric and battled tears as talked to him about my painful scalp, and how I don’t want to have to cut my hair (amongst her many recommendations) and a myriad of other things that were making me fight the tears.

He calmed me down, so I could go back to work, and I avoided major emotional break down at work (Yay him)!

When I got home, after talking to my Momma everything was better. Because, don’t Mom’s always make “it” all better?

Then I walked in the door, and my magnificent husband handed me these, and then showed me the chocolate milk he bought for dessert (my favorite!).
He doesn’t bring home flowers often, but knows exactly when I need them. He tells me I’m beautiful and that it doesn’t matter if I have to cut my hair, because he’ll still love me (he LOVES my Long hair), and says that no matter what all he wants is for me to be happy.

He’s so good to me; And I am so grateful for him.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)