Saturday, October 2, 2010

Girl Time : Dahlia's and Haircuts

Today was a "day date" with Mariya! We were very excited to get to hang out since we hadn't in quite awhile. September was crazy, and we normally get a day a month to dedicate to girl time activities - and today was that day!
We packed a picnic lunch and headed to the Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. We checked out the BEAUTIFUL dahlia gardens and fell in love with each and every flower we passed by.
Seriously, they are so ornate and beautiful! I think I've found a new favorite blossom!
We walked around by the sound and enjoyed girly conversations.
We found a spot between a couple oak trees and plopped down for a picnic. We packed delicious treats to share!
Then I started to share the treats with the wild life... and I made a friend! Mariya wasn't so excited about my friend making abilities as he nearly hopped on her lap!
We headed back to Des Moines, and I shared my recent hair frustrations with her, and she said "Let's get it cut then". So after a few "Before" Pictures and a short stop by the ATM, we headed out in search of a hair salon.

One last toss over the shoulder!
We stopped by Impressions, and they were closed, a lady came to the door and gave me her card in case I didn't get my hair cut that day she wanted me to come back. We were pretty determine to get it done today, so we tried another place, and the same results.
We finally landed at Burien's Hair Masters, and they had an opening, so I quickly sat in a chair and with-in minutes I had my hair in a pony tail in my lap. Mariya kept me sane and fed me encouragement and held my pony tail for the remainder of my cut.
For as nervous as I was... It turned out great, and I LOVE it! But it is different; VERY different.
and Eric Loves it too!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)