Friday, November 26, 2010

Just Believe

The Make-a-Wish foundation is an amazing organization that grants wishes to kids battling cancer and other serious illnesses. The most popular wish is a trip to Disneyland or Disneyworld! The Make-a-Wish people go above and beyond the call of duty to make even the wildest of wishes come true. Last year, a young Seattle boy made a wish to be a superhero and the Make-a-Wish foundation orchestrated an entire city to make his wish come true – click on the link to see the story, caution: it will make you melt.

Every year Macys hosts a mailbox to Santa for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. For every letter to Santa that gets placed in a Macys Santa Mailbox they donate $1 to the Make-a-Wish foundation, up to $1,000,000!!!! As you can probably tell, making wishes come true is sometimes costly, and the Make-a-Wish foundation needs that $1,000,000!

So, I’m rallying troops to get your buts to Macys and bring a letter to Santa! I walk by Macys nearly every day, if you e-mail me a letter to Santa (mrs{dot}Ronnebeck@live{dot}com), or write a comment on this post to Santa, I will print it off and take it down to Macys to get that $1 donated to the Make-a-Wish foundation.

Let’s make these kids’ wishes come true!!!!

I have provided a couple samples below from Gracie & Aquaman and myself, you know, to get those creative juices flowing.

Dear Santa Clause,
I have not been a very good cat, although I have tried; but let me justify my behavior by saying that I would be a perfect kitty if my owners would quit picking me up and loving on me, and taking away my food dish for half of the day.
All I want for Christmas is some peace and quiet, and a full food dish that stays on the floor for 24 hours.
Love,
Gracie Ronnebeck.

Dear Santa Clause,
I have been a good boy, because I love my owners.
All I want for Christmas is a lap with a fleece blanket to snuggle on, and a rawhide.
I would also love it if Mom and Dad would let me chase the cat so I don’t have to do it when they’re not looking; see what you can do about that one.
Love,
Aquaman Ronnebeck

Dear Santa,
I’ve been a good girl this year and all I really want for Christmas is a cure for Cancer, is that too much of me to ask? Oh yeah, and World Peace; stop me when you think I’m just being greedy.
Love, Abby

So, let’s start off this Christmas season right, and get those letters to Santa going!!
(mrs{dot}Ronnebeck@live{dot}com)
Or Comment!

Love, Abby

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)