Sunday, November 14, 2010

Something New : Church and Figs

What a full day we've had!

I think this is probably the first Sunday since Easter that we've been up prior to 9am. Normally we like to hit the snooze, but today was different. My boss Julie invited Eric and I to come to church with her and her partner Nelly. Julie and Nelly attend a United Church of Christ in Suquamish across the sound from us, so we had to get up nice and early to catch the 8:45am Ferry to Bainbridge Island.
We arrived at the Ferry terminal early, so we walked down to Starbucks and got some caffeine to keep us moving. We boarded the Ferry and took a nice little ride enjoying the cool breeze on the upper deck. I folded a little earlier than Eric did and went inside to warm up.
It's way more fun to stand out on the deck in the summer time!


We got to Bainbridge and Julie and Nelly were waiting there to pick us up. We got in the car with them and drove over to Suquamish for church.


Church was VERY different than what we were used to, but wow was it a touching experience; I won't get into the sermon, because I do not think I could adequately tell you how wonderful it was on every level. Eric and I discussed on the way home, how absolutely loving and welcoming each and every person in the church was to us, they all wanted to genuinely meet us and know our names. I had a few people say they'd hope to see me again. I am so very thankful for the outpouring of love and acceptance I felt in that room. The speaker and the pastor thanked us for being there, and gave us hugs as we left. It was my first experience at UCC and I can honestly say it was a good one. Thank you Julie and Nelly for showing us your loving community at Suquamish United.

After church we drove over to Molly Ward Gardens for brunch. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I wish I would have taken a picture of the inside of Molly Ward, but it was eclectic and beautiful. The food is all homegrown and organic and the menu is limited. We walked in, sat down and had personal service as we were the only party there. The menu is on a wipe board and prices ranged between $16 and $20 per person; that being said the meal included Fruit, Beverage, breakfast, and dessert! The fruit plate had a bunch of grapes, slices of apple, mango, cantaloupe, pear and a fig. I had never had figs before, but I enjoyed them, quite a bit actually. They're not my new cherry's or anything crazy like that, but I could see myself picking up a few next time we go to the grocery store. Then I had a Ham Melt, and Eric had the oysters, both with fingerling potatoes! We were in heaven, and then the double chocolate dessert came in ... wow. We can't wait to go back!

After Lunch Eric and I boarded the Ferry (just on time) and made it to Seattle a little after 3.

We were headed home, but made a stop to pay our respects to Dave Niehaus.


It was great to be able to stop by and say Thanks for the memories to Dave, and to see the love that Seattle holds in our hearts for him.

We're home now, it's foggy, rainy and I'm sleepy - Happy Sunday Everyone

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)