Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Celebration!!!

I took off at Noon today to spend the afternoon with Eric for his birthday! What a treat! I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my day!

We started out by eating a lunch at the Steelhead Diner.
I could RAVE about this food... but I took pictures so I didn't have to try to describe what a Caviar Pie (above) is, or how delicious their Poutine was!
I will go back there ... over... and over... and over... I loved it!

We then took a nice stroll around the Market. We browsed in just about every shop we passed that we found interest in. It was pretty much a ghost town around there on a Tuesday afternoon - or maybe it's because the market is under construction and the tourists know it! Even the famous fish throwing crew was under construction which was nice because I was able to see my Father-in-Law that way (more on that later).

We bought little things here, and there, and treated ourselves... a lot.
Eric treated himself with his favorite food in the market - DeLaurenti! He's like a kid in a candy store when we go there - who could blame him?
We headed into Market Spice and got myself some new teas to try out! I am super excited for that venture!
Back to meeting my Father-in-Law. He passed when Eric was young. I have heard tales of the late John H. Ronnebeck, Jr from Eric, His Mom Kay, Cousin Jackie and Aunt Billie. I have a warm spot in my heart for John, I always smile when I see his picture in our hallway. There was word that there was a tile in his memory down at the market, but Eric had never searched for it. The Market is always so busy and it's impossible to look at tiles when every one is standing on them!
John's tile is right to the right side of the flying fish guys. He's in a pretty prominent spot so, we would have never found him had the market been as busy as it normally is. We love you John, and think of you often.


The market is just so beautiful... How could you NOT have a good day walking around?
We love our city!
We spent some time near Post Alley too! We checked out the Perennial Tea room, and I just have such a love for this little alley. It makes me smile.
We had done so much walking, It was time for a break & for some dinner!
So, walked up to one of Tom Douglas' restaurants Serious Pie.
We snacked on some mini pizzas
They were delicious... Happy Hour is a beautiful thing.
The sun was setting, and we were headed home, but not before we made a birthday gift shopping spree at Penzey's Spices.
We weren't ready to leave our day downtown, but it was getting late.
We went back to Westlake, and got a new calendar (for me) and a new charm for my charm bracelet Eric got me for Christmas. We then hopped on the lightrail and headed back to where our car was parked, near the stadiums.

We headed over to Uwaajimaya for a few treats and then stopped by Starbucks for a quick (free) birthday drink for the birthday boy.

We had a busy day!

We came home and I gave Eric his Birthday "cake". It's a Pumpkin cookie from Cinnamon Works!!!
Happy 34th Birthday My Love! I hope it was a day you will remember fondly... I know I will!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)