Saturday, November 26, 2011

Out with Thanksgiving - Welcome Christmas!

 I was so productive today! I told Eric I was a "Eggnog Latte fueled Christmas decorating fool!" He agreed with part of that, we're not going into what part he agreed with. I had grand plans to get the house all decorated up and then the boxes put away so I had a nice clean house when I was done. You know what they say about the best laid plans, our house is all decorated, but I did get a little side tracked this morning wanting to get our bedroom finished up, and so I still have Christmas boxes laying everywhere.
  Aquaman and Gracie were a huge help and by help I mean Aquaman was under foot the entire time, and Gracie made sure the tree box didn't go anywhere as is tradition for her.

She loves that box and spends most of her night in it once I get the tree out of it and set up and then she plants herself in the corner behind the tree on the tree skirt. She makes a good decoration down there though!
 While I was spending time in South Dakota in June Shannon and I went through all Mom's holiday stuff and took what we wanted and what was ours. I managed to snag this ornament which meant a lot to Mom. It was Grandma Nani & Grandpa Papa's from their first Christmas together - Kind of amazing to think that Ornament is well over 40 years old - don't make them like they used to.
 Eric helped from the bottom... and so did Aquaman - Again.

I couldn't love  our tree more. I took us a long time to come around to the idea of getting a fake tree - we miss the smell but that's about it.
 This is my favorite - from Jackie. It was her and Carl's and we treasure it so much. Each year we give it a little smooch and put it up on our tree!

 This is one of Mom's ornaments that I gave her last year - I am not happy to have it back because of what that means, but I am proud to put it on my tree - everyone needs a little Hope in their life.
 And the best of the photos from the day - Aquaman in Zarquon's Christmas Tree outfit. He HATES things on his head.

So at some point he got it off and looked at me all proud. Cutest Picture Ever.

So, we're all decked out - Bring on the holiday! 

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)