Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Power of Positive Thinking

My mid-life crisis always comes around my birthday. I start thinking about life, and even worse I start evaluating all the things I want to change, and somehow the things I LOVE about my life totally get lost in the shuffle. I reminded myself that life is good, and I continue to do so every day. Mantra needed, and obtained and hopefully, yesterday, shared.

Yesterday morning the bus was late, boy howdy, like 30 minutes late. I stood at the stop, chilly and a little miffed by the time the bus actually arrived, but I got on the bus, started sipping my coffee, and one by one my regular commuter friends boarded the bus. By the time I got to Burien I was steaming. How DARE this guy be late and make me skip my coffee run this morning! The final straw broke when I got to the park and ride, and people were getting on/off and one of the commuters said "your late!" rather briskly to the bus driver, to which the drivers response was "yeah, tell me something I don't know". It literally made me snap out of it, and my sympathetic ear of my fellow commuters started hearing different things. This poor guy probably got a late start, and unlike my job he hears about his mistake every stop, every person, every groan - what an awful thought! I spoke up to my fellow commuters and said "hey, give the guy a break, he's on time just about every day of the week, so he was late today, give it up." And every one stopped in their tracks. It was like I gave them all an epiphany. Sometimes, your "bad" just isn't that bad.

So what If I have days where I feel like drowning my sorrows in a bucket of coconut macaroon cookies, this too shall pass, and life is good.

Just gotta keep that smile on my face, and let's face it the Macaroon cookies wouldn't hurt either... I should probably put those on my grocery list!

Keep on smiling!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)