Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cats!

 A couple weeks ago my co-worker Max e-mailed me and asked me if me and a friend (or my spouse) would want to go with him and his girlfriend Li to see the Broadway production of CATS at the Paramount in Seattle. If there's one rule I live by, it's never EVER turn down free tickets to see a Broadway musical. And wow, did that rule pay off for me this week!

I was so blown away by how much I liked this show! I mean, when you look at the pictures of the CATS production you would wonder who the hell would go see a production about cats, that look like the band White Snake dressed up like cats?

When I saw the poster I nearly turned around and thought "forget it". There was NO way I was going to enjoy this show, but Max had invited me so I was trying to stay optimistic.

But let me say... the tunes are catchy, the dancing was amazing, and the storyline... well, that's pretty bizarre but the rest of it was GREAT!

In fact, I downloaded a lot of the soundtrack from itunes the next morning I enjoyed it so much and I haven't been able to quit singing the Mr. Mistoffelees song...

And let's just say the amount of gyrating that this cat does is hilarious!  If you are in Seattle, it's worth the money to go. Though I gotta say, we had some of the MOST amazing seats in the house. Max told me "they were kind of good" and when we got there and I could nearly touch the stage from my seat I called him a liar. We were near the aisle where the cats entered and exited the stage so we often found ourselves face to face with a cat.

We didn't really know what to expect from this musical - but I think all four of us really enjoyed it! And we definitely all got chills when this song came on. It definitely inspires me to go to MORE musicals!

 Plus... the Paramount is just beautiful!!! This is Max and Li walking down to our seats!!
 We were so jazzed when we walked out of there - giggling like school girls.


No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)