Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1| For those of you who care, I have been fairing 29 just fine. I swear a few more grey hairs have popped in, but I have a good outlook - My Grandma Myla happens to be one fine looking silver haired lady... Bring it on! Plus, Eric already promised me he'd love me with grey hair, so now I REALLY don't have much to fear.

2| Headed BACK to the eye doctor on Thursday. I didn't really blog about it, but I went two weeks ago, and didn't love what the Doc had to say. She gave me a few trial pairs of contacts, but basically boiled it down to "Quit wearing those things so darn much". So, here I am all clad in my glasses, trying to be an obedient eye patient. I will let you know more about the appointment after Thursday.

3| My puppy isn't so much a puppy anymore. I see all my friends talk about their kids "Growing up" but I can start to see some old man traits in my Aquaman and it makes me sad. He's still a ball of energy though, no worries about that.

4| Gracie has decided she likes us. Don't stop the presses, but I'd be lying if I said I thought that this would ever happen. This morning I came back in the room from my shower to find her snuggled right up to Eric, IN BED. Did you just read that?! I can't believe I typed it!

5| My I Phone is the best thing that's ever happened to my crazy flow of a life. I think I spend more time on my cell phone while I'm in transit on the bus, and during my lunch hour, but I spend less time on the computer when I get home, so I'm going to call that a win.

6| My Relay for Life Teams and committee are rocking the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! We've really been excelling this year - I love my dedicated committee - you should go LIKE us on FACEBOOK! Spread the cancer killing word people!

7| I've been asked to "Share my story" at a Team Captain Experience that the American Cancer Society is hosting in Burien next month. Last time I attempted to talk about Mom in public I ended up sobbing in front of some 150 people. That was not even a year after she passed, I think I can do this now. Plus, what a group of diligent listeners.

8| For the first time in the last 3 years I haven't been aching to go to a Derby Bout. I don't know if I've re prioritized or if I've seen too much "Inside track" on Roller Derby... either way I don't like it.

9| That being said, there's rumors about the Supersonics returning to Seattle and I couldn't be more excited for basketball - it's always been my first sport love.

10| I'm married to the man of my dreams - I know it's corny and you've heard it... but he makes my world so much happier. I came home tonight to a home cooked meal and a smile on his face. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)