Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Open Letter to Aquaman's "Birth" Mom on his 5th Birthday!


Dear Laurie,
This is a shot in the dark, but 5 years ago, I met with you (I think) to purchase one of your Shih Tzu Puppies. We purchased “Charlie” from the litter named after the Peanuts Characters. I am writing because today is our little guy’s 5th Birthday and I just have to tell you how wonderful it is to have him in our lives and what a wonderful addition he’s made to our family.
I wish I would have called you after we met to tell you Thank you, but today I want to thank you 100x’s over again.
The day I picked him up from the Bank of America parking lot, I took him home and introduced him to our Cat Gracie. She was a 2 at the time, and unimpressed with our new bundle of joy. We had the week to ourselves as my husband was on a mission trip when I came to get him.  We went to the church to pick up my husband and when he got off the bus to say hello, I handed him “Charlie” and told him that this was his new best friend. My husband was thrilled, he was instantly in love with our new little guy, and named him Aquaman (yes, we’re big comic book nerds, and even so Aquaman is an odd name for a dog).

We took him home, and they’ve been inseparable buddies ever since.  Aquaman has such a funny personality – when I saw your ad in the classifieds I fell in love with his face, and I still love that furry face of his, but it’s his personality that makes me giggle on a daily basis. His favorite thing in the world is to play tug, fetch, and to snuggle. If you have a fleece blanket on your lap and he’s around, you’ve got yourself a new best friend, and he will stay there as long as you’ll let him, even if he gets too hot. We take him to the park almost every day to let him run, and he’s fed only the premium food – he is family after all.

He doesn’t really like other dogs, and him and the cat have grown tolerant of each other, mostly he likes to let her sit all by herself and then randomly walk up to her and sit on her.

I grew up with big dogs – so bringing a little dog into my home made me a little hesitant, but Aquaman has changed my views, and I will probably always get a Shih Tzu from now on. They are such amazingly loyal and loving.

I wanted to send you a few photos of our little guy he’s a child of a photographer and basically says “Cheese” every time he sees my camera very Photogenic!, and just let you know that he is loved, and we so very much appreciate you allowing us to bring him into our home, he has truly blessed it.

 We hope that someday down the road, we can bring another Shih Tzu to our home, and when that time comes, we’ll be in touch, I hope you’re still breeding them by then!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful gift with us,


The Ronnebeck Family
Eric, Abby, Aquaman & Gracie

Happy Birthday Little man... we love you!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)