Thursday, July 4, 2013

One Week, Lost in Time.

I took vacation this week, It felt so good to not be "Plugged in" and staring at a computer screen. I think I looked at my lap top once.

That being said, it wasn't much of a "Vacation". Eric and I painted our home.

I have always wanted to put a little color on our walls, but living in a rental has made that not much of a reality. A couple years (yes, I just said years) ago we checked with our land lord and she said we could go ahead and that they'd even pay for it to be done, or the supplies if we wanted to do it ourselves.

We thought about it, and cogitated, and stuck it on the back burner, and when I took this week off over 3 months ago, I declared that it should be the week we finally paint our apartment. I never dreamed that we'd actually DO it.

So, the week quickly approached, and I found myself in a bit of a rush, we hadn't even been to Lowes to pick out a color.

I went, with Katherine on Sunday and I brought home about 20 samples of blues, yellows, and greens, and Eric looked at them and decided he didn't like any of them, so back to Lowes we went at 8pm, and picked out browns and greys.

We both settled on a tan...

So, Monday Morning we went to Lowes, and in one day we had completely cleared out our living room and finished our back wall, and our entry walls.

Tuesday, we moved on to complete the living room, kitchen and hallway.

Wednesday, we did the bedroom and put it back together again.

Today, well we're tired today - we moved around a little, I did some touch up, Eric vegged, and I spent time moving things from one side of the house to the other. We're still not settled in but we're getting there.

Both of us are hesitant to put holes in our newly beautified walls.


I'm back to work tomorrow for the day - but this weekend, we'll have more moving, setting up, and getting settled. I'm thrilled with the way our place looks, and that we're both thoughtfully setting up our home again.

For now? I'm vegging and headed out to our back porch here in a few minutes to watch the fireworks, both amateur and professional.

Happy SAFE and fun 4th everyone!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)