Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ten on Tuesday



Ten on Tuesday
1 | Merry Christmas. This year, I’m going for it, instead of saying the Oh so politically correct “Happy Holidays” I’m saying Merry Christmas! I don’t think it really actually offends all that many people, and most of the time I get flack is for when I try to be “PC” and say Happy Holidays, then an awkward conversation ensues about how stupid it is people are that worried about offending each other. I agree, no awkward conversations this year – Merry Christmas you filthy Animals!

2 | Eric and I ordered our first Chord of wood for our house last week. The guy arrived from Olympia (go figure) and dumped $200 worth of wood in our lawn. Eric and Tim worked all day to meticulously stack it and get it covered so it stays dry. Happy to report we’ll have a warm house this year! It makes me think of the PEMCO commercials “Flawless Firewood Stacker”.



3 | This weekend was kind of a flash. I knew it would go by quickly, but I had no idea how quickly. I had two very LONG days, and a not so happy Sunday after a late party night on Saturday, but Why is it that December seems to be the shortest month in my life?

4 | Tim and Katherine officially get the keys to their new pad on the 27th of December! I am so happy for them! They are looking forward to their new place, and spend their evenings packing up a few things here and there.

5 | We’re beginning our conversations with the Santo’s and our dreams / hopes / plans for the house. I am getting a little giddy I can’t even deny it.

6 | I am 89% done Christmas Shopping. Kat’s gift arrives at the house via UPS today, then I need a few more stocking stuffers, and gifts for my co-workers. But I’m happy that I was able to get Dad & Leslies, Tony’s family and Shannon & Erica’s out to them before the third week in December! They all received theirs around Wednesday of last week! High five to myself!

7 | I’m not normally even doing any shopping right before Christmas – but I will be going out on the 22nd since that’s when Eric’s watching football and when I have time to finish up my shopping, so wish me luck – and pray for my stupid soul.

8 | Christmas Crafting is my favorite thing ever and I have to admit I’m totally missing it this year. I guess We’ll be “Going big” with it next year!?

9 | My co-worker Aly went in to take her Series 7 for a second time, and missed it by 3 questions after having missed it by 2 questions last time. I feel for her, and at the same time, it makes me feel comfort that someone else in this firm actually struggled with the 7, I don’t feel so alone! That being said, two other of our co-workers passed it with scores in the 80’s this week – Hang in there Aly, we’ll get it!

10 | My diet is officially cancelled till December! Bring on the Christmas goodies!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)