Friday, February 14, 2014

Insert Yucky Love Sounds here…

I don’t LOVE Valentine’s Day, on a normal year I ignore it altogether – or hope it lands on a weekend so I really don’t have to deal with it. But this year, I’m feeling more tolerant of said fake holiday. I even brought a few treats for my beloved co-workers, because who doesn’t need a little chocolate on a Friday?

So, in celebration, of Love today, I wanted to share our love story …


Summer of 2003 – I moved to Washington for the summer, working at an internship with Grace Lutheran Church.  Eric worked with the youth, and I met him that summer. When I saw him, I asked Tim if he had a girlfriend, much to my dismay the answer was yes, but we still got to know each other through working with the youth program that summer.

Fast Forward – Summer 2005 – Tim and Eric were taking a road trip to South Dakota and Minnesota. They got the idea to meet up with me to say hello! We got together to have some Potato Ole’s at Taco Johns in Watertown, and when we parted ways we had exchanged e-mail information.
Eric got back to Seattle after the road trip, e-mailed me because he really enjoyed our short time together. 

We communicated over e-mail occasionally… but no huge sparks, just friendly banter with a few phone calls here and there.

I was really unhappy bar tending in South Shore and living in the Midwest, I had bounced between a few different jobs and I was ready to make a BIG Change in life. So, I had decided to move to Seattle, Eric was excited, but let me be clear, he had NO hand in “talking me into it”. We hadn’t talked for weeks prior to me making this decision.

I flew out to Seattle in January of 2006; I had a job interview and an apartment to find. I did both, successfully and happened to land a boyfriend too! In my 1 week in Seattle searching for my livelihood, Eric and I fell for each other pretty quick.   

We had our first kiss on January 13th 2006 and it’s been true love ever since!


Our courtship was fast and furious – we knew right away that we were in it for the long run! 

On December 24th 2006 Eric proposed in front of our first Christmas tree with a beautiful ring that I knew NOTHING about! 

We were married on June 9th 2007 and love life together.

Awwwh… now isn’t that a sweet story?

I love my Husband... Life is so sweet with him!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)