Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Big Trip - and My finds!

Here's the post you've all been waiting for!

I plan to wear my new finds to work this week, and take "selfies" so you can see how I incorporated my new finds!

This morning I left the house around 10:30 which is later than I wanted. Thrift stores around here open at 10 and you want to be there early if you can, it cuts down on the amount of people you have to deal with.

My first stop for the day was Des Moines Goodwill which is on Kent Des Moines Way and Pacific Highway. I normally find really great Pyrex here!

I donated a few items today even!

Here's the Des Moines Store - it's smaller than most, but it has a pretty good selection. I have a hard time finding stuff here sometimes, their organization isn't the greatest!


The Pyrex finds were nearly impossible today. I only saw a few pieces, and none worth the asking price!

Oh well!

On to the clothing...

Each store has different rules for the dressing Room. At Des Moines you can only take in 3 items at a time. So here are my 6 items.


Three bottoms, and Three tops. None of the tops fit well, so they went back. The Green skirt was $7.99 and didn't fit well, so I left it behind, and the black pants REALLY didn't fit! The Blue skirt was my winner here. It was an "Orange Tag" which at this store meant it was 50% off.



It was marked at $4.99 with 50% off, that's about $2.50.

I looked up the brand, and Style & Co. is from Macy's. So I would guess I got this skirt for a steal - the going rates for these are about $35 new.


My Finds from Des Moines after 45 Minutes. A Plaid Pencil skirt and a 1,000 piece puzzle ($0.99), which was a total gamble... I guess we'll see if it has all the pieces. My total Bill was $3.81 (with tax).


My next stop was the Goodwill Outlet in Kent. I am not really sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. It's bin shopping. Everything you buy is by the pound. I couldn't dig in here. It felt really dirty and hard to find things, I walked around the "aisles" a couple times, and then left. This kind of thrifting isn't for me.



My next stop was at the Goodwill in Tukwila which is my normal store. I go here all the time. Today the Blue tagged Items were 50% off. 


The color tagged items that are 50% off changes weekly. 


This store is HUGE and there's a TON of inventory in every section! This store I navigate a little differently, they hardly ever have any pyrex, so I head straight for the clothes here.

 Hehehe... sometimes there's a REASON why it's at Goodwill! I put these back on the rack for some other lucky shopper!


Here's my example of try everything on - I tried on 27 Garments at The Tukwila Goodwill, and I brought home 8.  So, 70% of the items I tried on, I put back.


Blue Tag!!!






This is my prime example of WHY You try everything on! I loved the look of this shirt on the hanger (see above) I thought it was a really pretty soft yellow, and I was excited about it. At $3.99 (with 50% off) I could have even justified breaking my golden rule and just buy it for $2. But I am so glad I didn't! I couldn't even get it over my head!


More Blue Tag Goodness!


This is by far my steal of the day. Not your Daughters Jeans are sold mostly at Nordstrom which is a SUPER expensive retail store. This type of jean usually goes for $130 at Nordy's. I got them for $7.99! This is a great example of when it's okay to not get 50% off the tag price. I'd pay $8 ALL DAY for NYDJ!



Here's my haul from Tukwila Goodwill - My total Bill was $41.57. Had the Blue tags not been 50% it would have been a little more. I made a lot of decisions in my 27 item try on that if I kind of liked it, and it wasn't a good price, I didn't buy it. Once you get good at this, you are actually allowed to be kind of choosy.


My Next stop was St. Vincent DePaul (SVDP). I only shop here occasionally. They don't have a ton of stock, it's in kind of a sketchy area of town, and unless you're looking for furniture, it's not really geared for clothing shoppers.

I was pleasantly surprised by the finds here. I got a Dress for $2.50, a Tupperware popcorn holder for $0.50 and a pair of shoes for $2.50. The store was having their "Easter Sale" which I had no idea they were having. EVERYTHING in the store was 50% off! Good day for thrifting!


After SVDP  I was going to throw in the towel. I was tired. So I grabbed a bite to eat, and then saw the glowing sign of Value Village.

Now, I don't usually go to Value Village, because it's a little expensive for a thrift store, and their tag sales are normally on tags that they have very few of. So, it's hard to strike a good deal here.

I tried on 5 garments, and bought none. Walked out. Empty handed. BOO! 


I stopped in Normandy park on my way home on a whim to buy Aquaman a treat! I pulled into a parking spot and looked up to see a consignment shop! Lucky Star! I tried on 2 garments and snagged a skirt for $1. 


So. Total today I tried on 41 Items and bought 11.
I spent $ 52.38 which is a little above my $50 budget of today.

But all in all, I got the following Items

1- Tupperware Item
3- Skirts
1- Puzzle
2- Dresses
1- Pair of Capri's
2- Pairs of Pants
1- Top
1- Skeleton Lace Item (not sure how to describe it).

Not a bad trip!

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)