Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween Fun!

Rick & Morty... Eric was Rick (on the left)

 I need to start this blog post with saying that I'm 100% sad about Halloween being behind me. I should also justify that comment with the fact that I was not in the Halloween spirit this year like I have been in years past... and that It really only hit me at the beginning of last week. So, too little too late? Either way, I really enjoyed the week, and yesterday was a perfect Halloween!

The first thing I want to share is the costume references that Eric and I choose this year. Mine was very last minute, but probably one of my favorite costumes I've ever done, and Eric's was pretty planned out for quite awhile. He knew right away what he wanted to be, he just had to work on putting it together, and it all came together perfectly last night about 5 O'Clock when I realized I had a brown pair of pants in my closet that would fit him!

So, Eric was Rick from a TV show on Adult Swim he enjoys. I was Charlie Brown from the Great Pumpkin, you know, when he cuts too many holes in his sheet to be a ghost?

Charlie Brown - It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
I got a Rock.

I even carried a brown paper bag to "trick-or-treat" with... I didn't get any rocks though. I definitely thought about putting a few in there for good measure, but it was so wet out that I didn't make the effort.


We spent the day enjoying spooky TV, and I made my costume. Then around 4 we got dinner, and got our first trick-or-treater Jordan and his Mom and Dad Dorsey & John.  Around 6 we started to get ready and paint our faces to head over to Nate and Amanda's for a party! I took two pictures the entire time we were there, both of which were of us... Fail! But the party was fun, lots of friends that we spent last weekend with as well.



When I got home I had Eric take a few pictures of me and my Great Pumpkin! It was such a great Halloween I was sad to see it end! I let my Jack-O-Lanterns burn until they went out on their own, and this morning I headed straight out to get as much Halloween for as cheap as I could, only to be disappointed by Target and their 30% discount (normally they do 70%). 
 

Our Little Neighbor Boy Jordan as Scooby Doo
John, Dorsey and Jordan as Scooby Doo, Shaggy & Thelma
Aquaman Loved Scooby!
 Before we left for the party

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)